So what is a doula?
A doula is a person who provides practical, informational and emotional support to a woman and her family during pregnancy, birth as well as postpartum. She helps a woman and her partner have as much of a positive and fulfilling birth experience possible. We are here to support moms from pregnancy and into motherhood by empowering and educating.
Doula services package
A typical Doula package includes 2 antenatal visits, assisting the birth as well as being on call 10 days before and after, and 2 postnatal visits. The four visits can be shifted as per the needs and requirements of each mother. Additional visits may be booked for an extra fee outside of the package fee.
Antenatal visits can include discussions around:
- The physiology and stages of labour and birth
- Comfort measures and preferred pain management techniques
- Your birth plan and birth preferences
- Suggested reading material and evidenced-based research
- Newborn procedures, breastfeeding and more
Postnatal visits can include:
- General practical support at home or other
- Signposting and referrals to breastfeeding consultants
- Support around feeding and sleep
- General emotional support and more
Additional services include:
- Pre- and postnatal yoga